Monday, July 6, 2009

Christmas of the past


It's an olden day Christmas card for Winter Wonderland . This was a very different challenge for a Christmas card, I wasn't sure this card would work with the brown embossed holly, I thought it might be too drab for a Christmas card. It certainly isn't for everybody but the more I look at it IRL I love it and I'm going to make more to give to people. It is just one of those times when I think that is exactly the look I want for certain people but I wonder how many more challenges I'll do before Christmas and say that. I am still loving this challenge blog it is so much fun, the girls cards are awesome every week. My attempt on crackers didn't work out last week but it was fantastic to look the other creations. Happy Mondayu.
Amanda

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Amanda! It's not drab at all! I love the simplicity of it. Love the distress edges and the beautiful embossing ... and I love the shades of brown :o)

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amanda - you sure have been making up for lost time!!!! You have made so many cards - in the last few days I haven't been on your blog and I have been missing out! They are all GORGEOUS. You are so clever! See you tomorrow.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is realy beautiful. I love your design. Thank you for a wonderful day at your house, eating and chating.
    Love Lucinda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perfect for the challenge this week Amanda. I adore the embossing and the neutral colours.
    Thanks for joining us this week,
    Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love the structure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, your card is fab! I love using this embossing folder myself and I always add some red foil to the berries. Brown is one of my favorite colours to play with so this works for me!! Thank You so much for playing along with us again! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete